#1 2010-12-08 05:18:45

mdipper

[Patch] GCcomicbookdb.pm updates

Comicbookdb.com appears to have made a change that prevents the GCcomicbookdb.pm plug-in from correctly parsing comic series names, titles, issue numbers.

The problem was caused by their reversing the order of the CSS classes applied to the span containing that information.

I reported this problem and I posted a complete copy of GCcomicbookdb.pm with my fixes in the bug reports forum.  Here is a patch that adds my changes to the latest version of GCcomicbookdb.pm.

-Michael

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCcomicbookdb.pm.patch, Size: 1,040 bytes, Downloads: 427

#2 2011-01-09 04:43:50

mdipper

Re: [Patch] GCcomicbookdb.pm updates

It looks like my previous patch was never incorporated into the release.  If there's something that I need to do other than post here, please let me know.

It turns out to not to be such a horrible thing anyway.  The CSS classes applied to the span containing the title and issue number changed again.

Here's a patch created against the plug-in that I got by doing an update (gcstar -u).

It works with the latest comicbookdb.com format and extends the copyright claims to 2011.

-Michael

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCcomicbookdb.pm.patch, Size: 1,171 bytes, Downloads: 417

#3 2011-02-25 16:53:54

krank

Nice! Works like a charm, thanks. Only problem now are issues flagged as "mature" (such as Doom Patrol TPB "Planet Love", for no apparent reason), and that's because CDB requires users to login and enter their birth date before they gain access to those pages...

#4 2011-02-28 03:09:32

mdipper

Krank,

I have a newer set of updates here http://forums.gcstar.org/viewtopic.php?id=1850.  They still don't address you your login fix.  That's something I want to see too and I asked about it in an earlier post.

I think adding adding a login is a major hack, and not something as simple as the html parsing changes I made to get the plug-in to work.

The vast majority of my collection isn't tagged for mature audience, so the problem hasn't been big enough to make me do something about it.

-Michael

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.