#1 2016-07-09 05:13:20

MMcDermott

Installation on Mac Hangs

Hi!
I was going through problems on Mac OS11 El Capitan with trying to get GCStar installed. I was hanging up on the command:
sudo /opt/local/bin/perl install

Finally, I checked the folder and found that the perl app is now named "perl5.22"

So the proper command now seems to be sudo /opt/local/bin/perl5.22 install

Changing the path in /usr/local/bin/gcstar ended up causing the process to stop when I tried to run gcstar.

I reinstalled and left the /usr/local/bin/gcstar file it it was. Now running gcstar gives me:

Code:

Can't locate Gtk2.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Gtk2 module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/bin/../lib/gcstar /Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.18 /Network/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.18 /Library/Perl/Updates/5.18.2 /System/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.18 /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.18 .) at /usr/local/bin/../lib/gcstar/GCOptions.pm line 26.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/../lib/gcstar/GCOptions.pm line 26.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/gcstar line 111.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/gcstar line 111.

Best I could from here is check my /Library/Perl/ folder, here I saw that there is a folder for Perl/5.18, but not one for Perl/Updates.

All I can guess right now is that the latest versions of some of the softwares I installed might have reorganized how it stores files.

Has anyone managed a full install on the latest Mac OS who might be able to lend a hand?

Thank you!

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.