#1 2016-08-14 21:52:59

Bleifresser

Amazon-Plugin gets no results

Hi,

thx, for gcstar, I really like this App, even more some time ago … when the amazon (DE) Plugin gets results.

In 1.7.1 and in 1.7.0 (at debian jessie) searching via amazon was not successful. It is only showing this „Searching …"-Window for half an hour (then i cancelled it)

Executed via Shell, i got this error after cancelling:

File is not a perl storable at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.20/Storable.pm line 405, at /usr/bin/../share/gcstar/lib/GCPlugins.pm line 97.

Related Plugin is GCPlugins/GCbooks/GCAmazonDE.pm and even GCPlugins/GCbooks/GCAmazon.pm because as far as i see, the DE variant links to GCAmazon.pm

BTW: Sorry for my bad english.  If I should send further Information … please let me know.

Thank You very much.

#2 2016-08-17 21:13:54

Varkolak

Re: Amazon-Plugin gets no results

Hello Bleifresser,

your problem seems rather simple : the amazon plugin is not up to date, and does not take into account recent changes of their website.
As you correctly analyzed, there are 2 different parts for the plugin :

- GCAmazon.pm corresponds to the general research for all languages

An updated version is available at https://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.p … 11&p=2 (sorry, french forum), you just have to copy the last message code in GCAmazon.pm file.

- GCAmazonDE.pm has some translations specific for German

This one is in attachment. Generally speaking, you can adapt this for other languages by changing the file name (GCAmazonUK.pm for example) and translating the parts between quotation marks.

I hope this will works flawlessly...

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCAmazonDE.pm, Size: 1,605 bytes, Downloads: 70

#3 2016-08-18 17:13:57

Bleifresser

Hi Varkolak,

works like a charm! Thank you very much! I didn't have to change anything in the GCAmazon(DE)-Subplugin. Your Code for GCAMAZON.PM works perfectly.

It is awesome. Why isn't this modification available via GCstars plugin update??

Anyway… thank you very, very much, Varkolak!

#4 2016-08-19 13:14:41

purpleleaf

hi Varkilak,
your GCAmazon.pm version does not work on linux mint 18 sarah
gcstar complains for the absence of package GCPlugins::GCfilms::GCAmazon;

#5 2016-08-19 20:28:06

Bleifresser

Hello purpleleaf,

i asked for the books plugin … not for GCfilms … if you use Varkolaks Plugin for GCfilms , you – at least – have to adapt the Links GCBooks to GCFilms and i am not sure  if that adaption will last… wink

Last edited by Bleifresser (2016-08-20 12:50:27)

#6 2016-09-06 20:56:06

Varkolak

Hello purpleleaf,

for films on Amazon, you could try this update :

http://forums.gcstar.org/viewtopic.php?id=18163

GCAmazon.pm is the main plugin (for Amazon UK), and the other two are examples (for France and Germany) on how to create additional versions for local Amazon websites (you have to translate words, and modify internet address) .

I am afraid the results will be worse than for books, as films data seems less consistently encoded...

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.