#1 2016-11-16 17:30:11

kerenoc

Git repository for GCstar

Hello,

I started to investigate a GCstar migration from SVN to GIT. I was able to fetch 2147 commits on the trunk up to revision 2286. One has to be patient as it takes hours to create the local repository.

I don't know the workflow that allows to create branches and manage pull request on Git then push them upstream to SVN.

Maybe the current committers to SVN could investigate this subject to facilitate contributions to GCstar (especially updating the plugins to cope with web sites changes)?

Or migrate everything on a public Git site?

#2 2016-11-20 09:50:14

tpf

Re: Git repository for GCstar

Hello,

For my purpose, I can't help you, I don't know Git and SVN. I use only SVN ( through tortoiseSVN ) to commit the modifications on the plugin that I made, but all the management of branch, release and so on is done, I think, by Tian.

If you want that I do some tests or ... tell me.

#3 2017-02-12 18:30:15

kerenoc

Re: Git repository for GCstar

Hello,

After some experiments, I'm making public my Gitlab repository https://gitlab.com/Kerenoc/GCstar.

Currently the master branch is in sync with the SVN repository (using command svn fetch). To help review the changes, I choose to make several branches corresponding to fixes, functional evolutions and plugins. The Test branch  is used to merge them and can be used to check the latest version. Once a change is integrated in SVN the corresponding branch could be closed.

I collected some changes in plugins available on the web that were not integrated in the current SVN.

As the SVN doesn't have a README.md file I created a  README branch that also contains the users.txt
and .git/config used to sync with upstream SVN.

I chose Gitlab to be able to start working on a private repository and because the Network of GCstar commits is too large for Github to handle.

It would be great if some GCstar committers could check the changes and push them upstream.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.