• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » ID Number assigned to multiple movies

#1 2017-01-25 18:29:23

Cankara

ID Number assigned to multiple movies

Thank you for this wonderful program which I am using for my movie collection.

I have added all my movies,  created a collection and put stickers an the DVD covers carrying  the ID number in GCStar database. However to my surprise, I have observed that same ID number, e.g. Number 1 was assigned to two different movies. When I erased  one of these movies, Number 1 was again assigned to a completely different movie, so still on two movies!!

Since I use the ID number to I locate a movie, it is paramount important for me. How can I make the program keep only one ID number for each movie and when I delete any entry the corresponding number should still be there but empty (without any data)?

Or is there a way that I can assign the ID number myself?

Thank you again for your efforts.

Yours sincerely

#2 2017-01-25 22:43:05

kerenoc

Re: ID Number assigned to multiple movies

If you don't have too many duplicates, one option is to edit the file used to store your collection (".gcs" extension) : for each item, there is a field named "id" that can be modified.

Another option could be to export your collection then import it but it should reassign all numbers.

#3 2017-01-26 11:31:14

Cankara

Re: ID Number assigned to multiple movies

Thank you for your advice. I have modified the ID numbers by using Notepad. Now everything is ok. However, I am afraid to delete any entry since the program might again change the ID numbers of the successive entries. If the program can keep the ID numbers fixed then it will be perfect.

Thank you again for this wonderful  program.

Sincerely Yours

• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » ID Number assigned to multiple movies

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.