#1 2017-06-01 03:02:27

jimet

Request for User Doc

Greetings all,

Sorry if it's been asked before but I can't find a user doc and am not looking to install the tool just to find out. First, I am a collector of music, books and video and was Googlected to GCstar. Trying not to be too much of a bore I rummaged for the user doc but only found the Screenshots. These are fine but do not fully demonstrate the tool.

Specifically, does this tool integrate multiple models but can link them together as a single entity. For instance: I have a vinyl record of Woodstock, a video of Woodstock and books on Woodstock. I want the tool to allow me to enter all three and then link them together with comments and borrowings. If I lookup the record then I can directly link to the video or book and see if I loaned it to someone and when it is expected back. I want to avoid doing individual searches thru each model. It would also help me when I look to complete pieces of my collection for gaps.

If might also be helpful when adding the wine collections by noting what is there and if used for dinner with whom and when by tagging it to the movie we watched as well.

Thanks in advance for any help or direction.
-J

#2 2017-06-01 21:33:16

kerenoc

Re: Request for User Doc

There is some documentation online.

In GCstar, each collection is stored in a separate file and not in a single database. So it would be difficult to allow links between items of different models.

As for the correlation between wines, dishes, movies and guests, my advice would be to take pictures of everything and everyone, upload them and let Google deep learning algorithms spy for you.

#3 2017-06-02 21:08:03

jimet

Re: Request for User Doc

kerenoc,
Thanks for the quick response.

Ok, I had been down the link you sent without success. I must compliment you in understanding my question and helping me.

-J

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.