#1 2011-02-13 12:24:06

pajdus

[Plugin] Plugin CSFD.cz update (old version is not working)

Hello, I am sending new version (rather full rewrite) of film collection CSFD.cz fetch plugin. Old version is not working due recent www.csfd.cz redesign.

It now parses all information supported by GCStar that are present in www.csfd.cz.

Other changes:
* Refresh/drag & drop support
* Comments parsing
* More columns in search results (directors, actors, country, date and genre as extra column)
* Rating of the movie is parsed to "ratingpress" field rather than "rating" field (which I supposed is intended for user custom rating).

The plugin was made for GCStar 1.6.1

I have some questions regarding this:

1) Is it possible to store the movie's directors in an array instead of the single string? Now I store directors as single string, but I found $GCPlugins::GCfilms::GCfilmsCommon::MAX_DIRECTORS variable.

2) Is there some mechanism to inform users they must upgrade plugin or GCStar, i.e. due source webpage redesign?

3) What is the best way to keep myself informed about bugreports / feature requests regarding this plugin and to make easy for users to contact me? I've found people do have difficulties to contact me. Maybe for english not speakers it is very difficult, and my e-mail is present only in the plugin source code. Is acceptable to return my e-mail by get_author() ? This plugin returns my name but adding e-mail address would be better, though it is not used by anyone else.

4) Is there a way how to make more language flavors of the plugin. I.e. this plugin can be used by both czech and slovak speakers, but for slovak speakers it would be better to use slovak version of the movie title. Or would it be better to just duplicate the plugin (with appropriate changes)?

Cheers,
Petr Gajdůšek

Last edited by pajdus (2011-02-13 15:13:41)

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCCsfd.pm, Size: 20,876 bytes, Downloads: 551

#2 2011-02-13 15:17:38

pajdus

Re: [Plugin] Plugin CSFD.cz update (old version is not working)

Oops, the posted version did not worked properly. Here is fixed one.

Petr

Last edited by pajdus (2011-02-13 15:18:16)

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCCsfd.pm, Size: 21,100 bytes, Downloads: 515

#3 2011-02-13 15:20:05

pajdus

And SK version:
Uses movie title in slovak language as title.

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCCsfdSK.pm, Size: 21,540 bytes, Downloads: 524

#4 2011-02-13 16:23:11

pajdus

The plugin hangs if some actor name contains non-ASCII char and is stored into @{$self->{curInfo}->{actors}}. There is no problem with non-ASCII chars anywhere else. Is this a bug in GCStar 1.6.1 ?

It renders this plugin unusable for other than US/EN movies.

Last edited by pajdus (2011-02-13 16:23:55)

#5 2011-02-14 23:15:35

pajdus

Fixed version.

Store actors in comma delimited string and refactore

* This fixes plugin hang on movies with actors, whose names contain diacritics
* A lot of refactoring
* Parse SK title and store it as title if $self->{lang} eq 'SK'
* Show debug info if environmental variable GCS_DEBUG_PLUGIN_PHASE is greater then 0
* Better code commenting

Tested with GCStar 1.6.1 and 1.5.0

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCCsfd.pm, Size: 21,957 bytes, Downloads: 573

#6 2011-02-14 23:26:00

pajdus

And SK version based on GCCsfd.pm.

There is a problem with drag & drop. The SK version of plugin seems to be alway used for parsing dropped URLs, ignoring the user choice of fetch plugin. This is issue for czech speakers because they get movie title in slovak language.

Please, include these plugins in next GCStar and advise users to update plugin in already released GCStar version, if it is possible. Old version of this plugin is no more functional.

Thanks, Petr

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCCsfdSK.pm, Size: 2,543 bytes, Downloads: 503

#7 2011-02-16 15:13:22

joppi07

This plugin hangs when film with unique name is searched, because in this case CSFD.cz returns instead of searching page immediately page of that film (try searching Hanebnı pancharti for example). IMDB does the same, so it's easy to use source from IMDB plugin to edit it.
My edited working version - http://pastebin.com/ukraT6qe . Added lines are highlighted.

Cheers,
Michal Opler

#8 2011-02-16 16:51:30

pajdus

joppi07 wrote:

This plugin hangs when film with unique name is searched, because in this case CSFD.cz returns instead of searching page immediately page of that film (try searching Hanebnı pancharti for example). IMDB does the same, so it's easy to use source from IMDB plugin to edit it.
My edited working version - http://pastebin.com/ukraT6qe . Added lines are highlighted.

Cheers,
Michal Opler

Many thanks,
I thought this csfd.cz feature is gone - I tried many unique like named films but missed this one.

There is probably no need to reupload your changes into this topic, will it remain accessible via pastebin forever (?)

Cheers, Petr

#9 2011-02-16 17:07:40

joppi07

Well I hope so, but it's easier to just download it than to copy it from pastebin anyway. Unfortunately I couldn't find how to attach file to this post, so if you can do it, it would be better. Not to mention that Slovak version should be changed as well smile

#10 2011-02-16 17:30:43

pajdus

Fix uploaded.

The Slovak version is not affected as it just uses the Czech one.

Cheers, Petr

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCCsfd.pm, Size: 22,183 bytes, Downloads: 527

#11 2011-02-16 21:14:34

Tian
Administrator
Website

Hello,

Thank you very much for this new version. I just added it to the SVN repository, and also to the updates

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.