#1 2012-03-12 16:46:17

Akovia

HTML::TableExtract

I've spent a few days trying to figure out how to parse the data I want from animenfo.com, and have been partially successful, but I just can't get there. The page is made up of tables that are indistinguishable from one another via tagnames or attributes.

It appears that HTML::TableExtract would do the trick, but I'm not sure how to integrate it into the plugin since there are no examples to pull from. Can HTML::Parser & HTML::TableExtract work together or would it be an either-or? I'm fairly confident I could figure out how to parse the information I want if I had a working example that would handle the search results routines and at least one example of data extraction from a table.

I've learned a lot hacking away over the past few weeks but there are still quite a few things that are lost on me and could really use a leg up to get me on the right path. If there are any perl gurus left that peruse these forums, I'd be very grateful for any help at all.

I'm attaching my anime module if anyone wants to see what I'm working with. You should be able to extract the archive to your base GCstar directory and be good to go.

Many Thanks,
Ako

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCanime_R1.tar.bz2, Size: 8,694 bytes, Downloads: 297

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.