#1 2012-03-28 18:15:08

bykfiend42

Smarter image importing

If I download an image from a website sometimes I reuse the same filenames of for the front and back picture of a game box (blah front.jpg, something back.jpg).  When I import multiple files in a row this keeps me from constantly deleting image files and I only have to remove two at the end.  At first it seemed like this worked.  When I look at the collection each game show the correct box art, but when I look at the box art in the database record the images are the most recent version of the changed file rather than the actual file I originally imported.  Is there a way to change it so that when you import files they get moved to the Documents or Pictures directory as a subfolder or something so they don't end up being permalinked to a file on my desktop?

#2 2012-08-31 12:46:21

bykfiend42

Re: Smarter image importing

Can anyone describe where images need to be when I import them or the magic formula that makes everthing work?  If I download pictures on my desktop and import them they get erased when I remove them from my desktop.  Sometimes if the wrong game is chosen the corrected picture in the main collection doesn't change even if the sub-picture does.  At this point the way it handles images seems completely random.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.