#1 2008-03-07 03:02:36

ph030

ODDb.de-Plugin doesn't fetch covers.

Hello and thx for gcstar smile

I'd like to report, that gcs-1.3.2 (gentoo ~amd64) is currently unable to fetch covers from ofdb.de - text works though. I tried it with famous movies like Matrix, About Schmidt, Tiger & Dragon, etc.

thx,
ph

#2 2008-03-07 04:18:38

endzeit

Re: ODDb.de-Plugin doesn't fetch covers.

Hi,
the ofdb.de Plugin is completely broken for me,
no matter what film I'm searching for, GCStar does not find a single one. neutral

Thats bad, because for me ofdb.de is the best source for movie informations.. sad

Could someone fix that please? big_smile

#3 2008-03-07 06:09:27

Tian
Administrator
Website

Hello,

I fixed the bug with the pictures (they did a small change on the website). I added it to the update repository.

endzeit > I think you didn't get the latest update for plugins because there was already one for OFDb with only the image bug mentioned above. You will find more information here:

http://wiki.gcstar.org/en/update

#4 2008-03-07 14:17:29

ph030

Wow yikes

Just a little bit over 3h, that's what I call service, thank you very much, it's working fine now.

This is offtopic, but what about giving some other options for a donation? I don't have paypal and reading their terms, I don't want it. What about wire transfer, an (i.e.) Amazon Wishlist or something like that?

#5 2008-03-07 14:38:37

Tian
Administrator
Website

ph030 wrote:

Just a little bit over 3h, that's what I call service

And a bit of luck also wink Because I am not always available to provide patches when needed.

This is offtopic, but what about giving some other options for a donation? I don't have paypal and reading their terms, I don't want it. What about wire transfer, an (i.e.) Amazon Wishlist or something like that?

The donations are more for project management such as the webhosting or some expenses such as going to free software events to present GCstar. So wishlists would be more personal gifts.

But I wouldn't prevent someone from doing that big_smile Actually I already had a look to Amazon wishlists. But I don't know if this could be done in an international way. I am living in France, and it seems that only Amazon.fr agrees to ship to this country. And I didn't find a way to display a wishlist on Amazon.fr using english language.

#6 2008-03-07 17:04:52

ph030

Well, time to consider myself lucky - that doesn't happen too often to me tongue

Concerning Amazon, so much for the benefits of globalisation for normal people, weird world - I don't want to think about, what it would cost to ship a crate of beer from germany to france hmm

At least, weekend is on, so I've got some time to look into the plugins.

thx again,
ph

#7 2008-03-10 04:38:53

endzeit

Thanks for the update hint, Tian.
Now everything is working like it should.

I've used GCstar on my (arch) linux laptop since a while,
but now i've recently got a 720p HDTV and hooked my main pc via hdmi on it
I'm testing the win32 version of gcstar (unfortunately no linux due fishy ATI drivers).

The win32 port works quiet well,
but the visible command prompt window when starting gcstar become very annoying,
so long story short (xD) here's a fix:

Create a file named start.vbs (or whatever you like) in your GCstar/bin folder and fill in this:
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
WshShell.Run "gcstar.bat",0,True

So no window except gcstar is popping up. smile

However,
keep on the great work.

#8 2008-03-10 10:15:49

Tian
Administrator
Website

endzeit wrote:

but the visible command prompt window when starting gcstar become very annoying,

What version did you install and how do you launch GCstar? Because the created shortcut by the installation program should alreay launch GCstar without any command prompt.

Create a file named start.vbs (or whatever you like) in your GCstar/bin folder and fill in this:

Thank you for this information. Does this work on all the Windows' versions?

#9 2008-04-30 17:49:43

stew ellis

First of all, this is my first post since registering for the site, and thanks Tian for GCstar!

Regarding ways to stop the command prompt window from popping up on WinXP:

I created a desktop shortcut and edited the properties of the shortcut to start up minimized.  That creates an entry on the task bar, but gcstar launches as a window.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.