#1 2007-07-28 03:45:45

dvalenca

Português Brazil - Brazillian Portuguese

Hi,

I've translated for brazillian portuguese.
I just couldn't change the Save and Save As, but it is in Spanish and can be perfectly understood by Brazillian (it's a correct word in portuguese also, but we usually use "Salvar", instead of "Guardar", but it is the same).

Good news, hum?
Please, send a e-mail if it is everything ok,
Daniel Valença

PS: Maybe you can change the directorys and files for BR, instead of PT, if you want to add Portugal Portuguese, but it is quite similar.

Last edited by dvalenca (2007-07-28 04:55:59)

Attachments:
Attachment Icon PT.tar.gz, Size: 11,026 bytes, Downloads: 388

#2 2007-07-28 05:00:26

dvalenca

Re: Português Brazil - Brazillian Portuguese

I've tried to delete the previews file, but it's forbidden.

But I made some mistakes and I've already correct them.

So, I'm attaching a new file.

PS: The other file is corrupted when I download it, so forget about it...

Attachments:
Attachment Icon PT.zip, Size: 21,799 bytes, Downloads: 417

#3 2007-07-28 14:24:56

Tian
Administrator
Website

Hello,

Thank you very much for this great work

I integrated it to the CVS repository. So it will be available in next version. I just did little changes to add some missing stuff that have been added since the version you used. I could tell you here what they are if you wish. I let the english version for the moment for these new texts.

Let me know also if you wish to be added to the translators mailing list. On this list, messages are posted when new translations are required (e.g. because of new features). I may use the email address you used to register on this forum, or another one, just let me know. This doesn't mean you will have to do the new translations of course. You are always free to do as you wish and to maintain it or not.

dvalenca wrote:

I just couldn't change the Save and Save As, but it is in Spanish and can be perfectly understood by Brazillian (it's a correct word in portuguese also, but we usually use "Salvar", instead of "Guardar", but it is the same).

This text (and other ones such as the menus File, Open, Find, Preferences,...) are not directly translated by GCstar. They are some default text provided by the toolkit used to generate the graphical interface: Gtk2.

So if your system is configured to be Portuguese, that could mean it has been wrongly translated in Gtk2. You may test with other Gtk2 applications to check if there is the same problem. These applications include The Gimp and all the default Gnome applications.

#4 2007-07-28 18:03:47

dvalenca

That's weird because the other applications have "Savar" and "Salvar como", I can't remember "Guardar" and "Gardar como". But, that's ok for me.

About being a translator... well, if is without any compromise, I can translate some new stuff for this. But, just if I am without anything to do, like now!

I saw a part that I couldn't find at the program, it says:
'OptionsAlwaysOriginal' => 'Use main title as the original title if none present',

I want to use that, but I can't find.

The last thing, I know that is not here that I need to ask for, but, if you (or someone) can do I plugin for www.adorocinema.com.br ... I'm trying but I don't know anything of Perl... Just a little of java...

Thank you for all,
Daniel Valença

#5 2007-07-29 10:42:57

Tian
Administrator
Website

dvalenca wrote:

About being a translator... well, if is without any compromise, I can translate some new stuff for this. But, just if I am without anything to do, like now!

You may do the translations just by sending back email on the mailing list. And you can do this whenever you want and only if you wish to.

I saw a part that I couldn't find at the program, it says:
'OptionsAlwaysOriginal' => 'Use main title as the original title if none present',

I want to use that, but I can't find.

That's a feature that were provided by GCfilms, the GCstar's ancestor. For the moment it has not been adapted to GCstar. But it is planned to do so. That's why I let this text in the languages files, in case it could be useful later.

The last thing, I know that is not here that I need to ask for, but, if you (or someone) can do I plugin for www.adorocinema.com.br ...

I added it to the corresponding topic ( http://forums.gcstar.org/viewtopic.php?pid=246 ). I won't have time to work on it for the moment. But it is possible that a user begin to implement it as it is reference in this topic.

Just for confirmation, the search page is this one:

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.b … &hl=pt

? Or is there another one? Because it was no so easy to find. And in the results, the pages corresponding to movies are the ones with FILMES on the beginning? Maybe there is a way to search only through the movies themselves.

#6 2007-08-03 02:47:51

dvalenca

Ok,

So you can send me some texts to translate.

And yes, the search page it's correct (http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.b … &hl=pt)
, and the word to be replaced com after "&q=".

Thank you, I will check the other forum.

#7 2008-12-10 15:36:08

b30wu1f

I can help too! If you send me some texts I would translate them for you.
The websit adorocinema.com.br changed to: http://www.adorocinema.com
It is using a google search. Is it still compatible ???

#8 2008-12-12 21:59:48

Tian
Administrator
Website

Hello,

I generated the list of missing translations in the current version for PT. I did as explained here:

http://wiki.gcstar.org/en/translators

You can find that list in the attached file. So if you want to translate that, you are more than welcome. Let me know if you need more information.

Concerning adorocinema, it's still in the list of requested plugins:

http://forums.gcstar.org/viewtopic.php?id=72

I don't think the change of search will have some impact as nothing has been done as far as I know.

Attachments:
Attachment Icon missing.PT.txt, Size: 13,536 bytes, Downloads: 398

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.