#1 2017-02-12 18:30:04

snaporaz

Sharing fixed (mostly) IMDb plugin

Hi, everybody,

The Imdb plugin was missing a lot of functionality since months ago.
After trying to hack the code without proper knowledge of perl and regex, I managed to fix (for the current state of the IMDb website) several things. I'm sharing the fixed plugin attached to this post. Here are the changes:

The main title:
- It fetches the title localized in your current location. Alternative, you can activate the english localization by uncommenting a line in sub new that changes the user agent language.

The original title:
- It works perfectly now.
CORRECTED ON NEW VERSION 31 March 2017
Download new version on the next post
I cannot replace or delete the attachment on this post sad

The release year:
- Previously it fetched the release date in your own country. I changed to fetch the "global" release year.

Directors list:
- Now you don't get the annoying "(as ...)", "(uncredited)", and "x more credits" text attached to the names.

Genre list:
- Fixed it.

Age certification:
- Fixed it as well

Length (duration):
- Also fixed. It gives the total number of minutes now (e.g. "125 min"). It's easy to change to othe format if you prefer.

There are probably still some bugs in the plugin. I hope somebody that gets the file finds them (and help to fix them).

GCstar has always been my favourite program to keep track of my movies. I'm glad to share back to the community of users.

Last edited by snaporaz (2017-03-31 00:57:28)

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCImdb.pm, Size: 15,215 bytes, Downloads: 56

#2 2017-03-31 00:59:19

snaporaz

Re: Sharing fixed (mostly) IMDb plugin

This is an updated version that corrects the "Original Title".

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCImdb.pm, Size: 13,964 bytes, Downloads: 40

#3 2017-03-31 21:07:23

kerenoc

Re: Sharing fixed (mostly) IMDb plugin

Thanks, I added this version to the Gitlab repository where I try to keep track of contributions.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.