#1 2012-12-26 00:42:57

PMax

MusicBrainz plugin problem

Hi at all,
I've a problem with the GCstar musicbrainz plugin.
I'm running GCstar version 1.7.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 and this plugin stopped to work.
I downgrade to 1.6.2 but it's the same.
How i can resolve this problem?
Thanks in advance
PMax

#2 2016-09-08 06:36:11

Nitros

Re: MusicBrainz plugin problem

PMax wrote:

Hi at all,
I've a problem with the GCstar musicbrainz plugin.
I'm running GCstar version 1.7.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 and this plugin stopped to work.
I downgrade to 1.6.2 but it's the same as https://www.tenderbuttons.com/d-bal-review-results the dbal stuff..
How i can resolve this problem?
Thanks in advance
PMax

Hi Max, same problem here. What happened, did you get it working?

Last edited by Nitros (2017-04-21 10:41:58)

#3 2017-02-20 00:05:43

bitmizer

I'm running GCstar 1.7.0 patched to 1.7.1 on Windows 10 Pro. After launching GCstar, every time I try to start select Music Collection, GCstar locks up, if I cancel the program, it is unusable and I have to restart GCstar.

If I remove the GCstarMusicBrainz.pm plugin from the GCmusics folder, the Music Collection launches fine.

Is there a fix out there? I'm not a programmer, but I'll help where I can.

Last edited by bitmizer (2017-02-20 00:07:10)

#4 2017-02-20 10:10:24

kerenoc

I just tested this plugin and got a 406 HTTP error (data not acceptable).

It works now after changing in the file lib/gcstar/GCPlugins/GCPluginsBase.pm the line

Code:

$ua->default_header('Accept' => 'text/html');

for the line

Code:

$ua->default_header('Accept' => 'text/html, application/xml');

#5 2017-02-21 21:35:49

bitmizer

kerenoc - thank you, but that fixed another problem "Didn't find anything" dialog

1st Error:

***   Fatal error with plugin GCMusicBrainz
***    : Can't locate Locale/Country.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Program Files (x86)/GCstar/bin/../lib/gcstar CODE(0x3f2ac54) BLAH BLAH at C:/Program Files (x86)/GCstar/bin/../lib/gcstar/GCPlugins/GCmusics/GCMusicBrainz.pm line 35.

1st Fix: Comment out line 35 containing Locale::Country in GCMusicBrainz.pm

Code:

35  #use Locale::Country; #missing under win32 platform - breaks View Plugins and GCstar while launching Music Collection

2nd Error:

*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   File does not exist: Invalid format. Either set an Accept header (recognized mime types are application/xml) BLAH BLAH
***    at C:/Program Files (x86)/GCstar/bin/../lib/gcstar/GCPlugins/GCmusics/GCMusicBrainz.pm line 44.

2nd Fix: Add application/xml @ line 44 in GCPluginsBase.pm and thank you again.

3rd Error: Breaks the Preview function in the results dialog.

*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   Undefined subroutine &GCPlugins::GCmusics::GCPluginMusicBrainz::code2country called at C:/Program Files (x86)/GCstar/bin/../lib/gcstar/GCPlugins/GCmusics/GCMusicBrainz.pm line 153.

3rd Fix: Comment out line 153 containing code2country in GCMusicBrainz.pm

Summary of fix:

-- GCMusicBrainz.pm, comment out lines 35 and 153
-- GCPluginsBase.pm, add application/xml as suggested

Everything seems to be working fine now.

#6 2017-04-05 10:15:22

kerenoc

A new version of the MusicBrainz plugin is available in the Gitlab repository Plugin_MusicBrainz. It fetches additional artwork for covers using the API from coverartarchive.org so it depends on a patch of GCPluginsBase.pm that allows multiple passes to get information from multiple page. The Test integrates all fixes and plugin evolutions that I could find.

For MusicBrainz, I didn't comment out the use of Locale::Country as it seems to be related to some environment variables that may not be properly set (it works on some Windows environment).

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.