#1 2017-11-04 04:04:12

NathanR12291

I have a few questions about GCStar

Hi   
             I have a few things I like to ask about GCStar. First I have to say I think it's a great program. I love the fact you can change things around to fit your needs . That is Great part of it you set it up and you let me fix it to what I like to work with it.  Thank you for doing that.

Now I use GCStar for my 1:18 scale Die Cast Car Collection. It helps a lot , I have over 400 Die Cast  When you have that many Cars, Trucks , Planes , Helicopters, It helps listing them.
                    Now one of my questions is this. Is there anyway I can print a list of my stuff? That would be so great if i could do that. Due to the money I have spent I need a list with picture of each item. I know I can make something using MS Office . But I like to use GCStar and just print off a list. I am using  Version 1.6.1 And I have checked all over to see if I can print . Nothing at all.

2nd question 1.7.1 Version  is it working and I am not very good on the computer Is there a easy way I can install it ? Help if there is  I am on a PC that has Windows 10 on it . I like to update to use that
Please if someone can please help me with this it would be great

I have a short message for Christian Jodar (Tian)
Don't give up on this Please don't you have a great thing here. I know and understand you have a life you like to live . And have bills to pay. You have to do what I call : HIT THE TREE 
            What that means if your doing something you enjoy doing and your doing it for a long time and you bring others in on it to , But over time there just hanging around not doing much to help you. Hanging on the tree doing nothing. Well that's when you get a big fat stick  and you start to hitting the tree. You start telling the so call friends to start to help again or get lost. and you watch who falls off the tree. And who ever stays you tell them what you like them to do to help.
                                  And I know you have folks  here now may like to help You never know. Some day you can be bigger than Bill Gates.
     Don't give up

#2 2017-11-04 15:05:54

kerenoc

Re: I have a few questions about GCStar

Hello NathanR12291

Maybe the best way to print a list of your collection is generate a web page for it (File/Export/HTML). Another way is to export it to CSV and open it as a spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice.

As for the availability of the latest version of GCstar on Windows, currently the only way is to manually install Perl (I use ActivePerl) and some libraries (ppm install GTk2) then to install GCstar from the sources on a Gitlab repository I maintain.

Then locate the bin subdirectory of GCstar and launch it with

Code:

perl bin/gcstar

You may have some success with the binary versions for Windows but they don't success to get information from best sites that use HTTPS/SSL (Amazon and co).

Regards

#3 2017-11-09 03:04:50

NathanR12291

Re: I have a few questions about GCStar

kerenoc
Thanks , For the Help , But I am not very computer friendly . I have no clue what you said. Sorry . This is the kind of luck I have always had I find a program I like using and I try and see if I can get the newer version and there something I have no clue what there talking about.
                            I do thank you very much Kerenoc for getting back to me and trying to help me. I just wish I understand all the computer talk. I may have watched computer get better over the years. I love have much there change and grown.
                                                                                       Nathan

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.