#26 2018-12-14 02:37:51

BryanS

Re: Version 1.7.1 released

I have run into a couple issues I am not understanding.

I have used the instructions on https://gitlab.com/Kerenoc/GCstar/blob/ … llation.md on two separate machines.

Both use Windows 10

On one I have Active Perl 5.24.3.2404.  The only issues with this install I have had is using the customize fields.  For example I have a extra image field.  The Label for the image field all of a sudden lost the first letter and the gcs file wouldn't load.  I need to revert to an older save or open the file in a text editor and delete the custom fields (which takes a while).  Other than that seems to run fine.

On the other one, I installed Active Perl 5.26.1.2601 and installed GCstar.  The install process went fine.  And the program opened.  The major bug I encountered is pressing the d key on the keyboard pops up with Add Collection dialog box. 

Shift d doesn't and the shortcut is supposed to be Control d.  I tried uninstalling Active Perl and install the 5.24 version to match the other and that was an ordeal to get that to work.  The install instructions did not work when reverting back to this Active Perl.  I had to force install GTK modules.  This did not get rid of the bug. 

Also this version stopped sorting titles in the image view after a certain point.  But the other machine still sorts all titles.

Periodically I check to see if there are updates to the github and copy the new files in.

Last edited by BryanS (2018-12-14 03:02:40)

#27 2018-12-14 13:54:29

kerenoc
Website

For the first issue, could you provide the relevant files reflecting the configuration changes you made for that collection (in AppData/Roaming/gcstar/config/GCModels and AppData/Roaming/gcstar/GCModels) and a corrupted collection file?

For the second issue, I experienced it several times (Issue 61). It seems that the GTK shortcuts are modified to no reason. When it appends, the problem disappears if the shortcuts are restored (Preferences/Features/Expert Mode).

For the third issue, do you experience unsorted lists just browsing a collection or when adding new items?

As for the Perl versions, I'm currently testing GCstar on Windows with Active Perl 5.24 and StrawberryPerl 5.26.   I've build a binary distribution based on StrawberryPerl, including an installer, but in that configuration the localisation of the GTK2 messages is not working.

#28 2018-12-15 00:56:50

BryanS

The first issue:

I don't have a corrupt file currently, but if it does I will post it.

AppData/Roaming/gcstar/GCModels
On both PC's, this folder is empty.

AppData/Roaming/gcstar/config/GCModels

The one that started with the active perl 5.24 only has three files, the three collection types I created (GCbooks, GCgames, GCmovies).

The one that started with the 5.26 (the one that has the sort issue I mentioned) has 11 files.

The text in the file that would be in question:

Perl 5.24 PC:
sortOrder=1
listBgPicture=1
layout=form
animateImgList=1
useOverlays=1
listBgColor=65535,65535,65535
hidden=
details=name
groupBy=platform
groupedFirst=
secondarySort=
listImgSize=2
plugin=ask
lang=EN
listImgSkin=Dark_Glass
sortField=
quickSearchField=name
addCount=
listFgColor=0,0,0
resizeImgList=1
columns=3

The file from the Perl 5.26 PC:
resizeImgList=1
plugin=ask
hidden=
layout=form
useOverlays=1
groupedFirst=0
secondarySort=
sortField=
listImgSkin=Dark_Glass
details=name|
columnsWidths=607|
listBgPicture=1
animateImgList=1
lang=EN
quickSearchField=name
listImgSize=2
columns=3
groupBy=platform
detailImgSize=2
listFgColor=0,0,0
listBgColor=65535,65535,65535
sortOrder=1
addCount=0

Comparing the two files these are the differences I found:
1st file.
details=name
groupedFirst=
addCount=

2nd file.
groupedFirst=0
details=name|
columnsWidths=607|
detailImgSize=2
addCount=0

#29 2018-12-15 01:10:42

BryanS

"For the third issue, do you experience unsorted lists just browsing a collection or when adding new items?"

Both if I understand what you are asking.  It recently started, on the last 5-10 items I added.  I noticed it only on Preferences/Display/Items list set to Image. 

If I change Items list it to text, the recently added items are sorted correctly.  Then I change it back to image and they are not sorted (just the recently added ones).

Also, this is just the newly added items that end up not sorting correctly, the older entries are still fine.

Last edited by BryanS (2018-12-15 01:11:56)

#30 2019-01-24 13:37:59

BryanS

I might have figured out what is causing the sorting problem I was having.  The items in question started with a lower case letter. 

It seems the item display option for image treats lower case letters differently than upper case letter.  If I change the name to start with an upper case instead, the item moves to where I would expect it to be.  So items that start with a lower case letter or a number are being sorted to the bottom in my collection.

I tested this in a video game collection file and a book collection file and got the same result.  Does anyone else get a similar behavior?

#31 2019-01-24 13:52:40

kerenoc
Website

Thanks for investigating this further. Could you post the minimal use case involving a smallest number of items that can reproduce the problem? I'll then be able to dive into the code to see what's happening.

#32 2019-01-24 23:44:50

BryanS

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t0xgn3xz9abb … 69mJa?dl=0

I included two screenshots to show what was happening.  The first one shows when the two items in question are capitalized and the second one shows what happens when the items are lowercase.

Let me know if there is any other info you need.

Last edited by BryanS (2019-01-24 23:46:30)

#33 2019-01-27 08:55:29

kerenoc
Website

Hello

I uploaded a possible fix for the sorting problem on the Test branch on Gitlab. I hope it will improve the situation for images lists.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.