• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » Editing and deleting tags in film collection

#1 2020-05-20 15:26:07

johnb

Editing and deleting tags in film collection

Hi, I have a number of tags that I no longer want or need. How can I delete these? Having them in the dropdown list makes selecting the tags which I do want more difficult. I have tried a Catfish search for a particular tag but it does not provide any clues.

Thanks

#2 2020-05-21 15:04:21

kerenoc
Website

Re: Editing and deleting tags in film collection

The tags are stored in the collection files (extension gcs). Delete all the lines with <col>my_tag_to_delete</col> in sections between <tags> and </tags>

#3 2020-05-29 20:19:53

johnb

Unfortunately this is only for the tags in use in the collection. If I search for an unused tag (because it is a typo) I cannot find an instance of it. I have searched the entire linux file system using grep but the only places that the string can be found are in the system log files. It looks like there is currently no way to clean up the tags.

#4 2020-06-02 12:34:31

kerenoc
Website

Could you explain the steps to reproduce this behaviour and give the GCstar version and platform? With the current GCstar version on Windows and Linux, tags that are no longer used for collection items remain available in the menu until one closes GCstar or opens another collection.

To investigate further the problem, it may be useful to share the entry in the system log files where the unused tags appear.

• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » Editing and deleting tags in film collection

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.