#1 2008-08-19 04:54:53

andrehamburg

Templates for different export options

Hi all,
i always export my database as a .csv or as a .html file and everytime i have to choose all options, export path, title, template file and so on manually. It would be very helpful when i could store all options in an export template, so i just have to choose which export type i want.wink

Gruß, greetings, Salutation - André
------------
If you have problems to understand my posting, it could result on my bad english. Please ask me, i will try it again ;o)

#2 2008-08-21 05:35:49

Tian
Administrator
Website

Re: Templates for different export options

Hello,

Do you have some ideas about the graphical interface for this feature? Because I also think this could be a good idea, but I don't know how this can be shown to the user.

In the meantime, you can launch GCstar from command line using these instructions :

http://wiki.gcstar.org/en/execution

You can then always launch the same command line (from a script or a shorcut) to generate what you want.

#3 2008-08-22 00:07:59

andrehamburg

Hi Tian,
yes i have an idea but i don't know if it is possible to realize and if i can describe it in englisch. But i will try it wink
In the export window, you need one mor button (e.g. "save export template") and one more drop down box (or pull down, or listbox?). First the user has to choose all needed options, like path, title, how to sort and so on. Then he has to click on the "save export template"-Button. Now a pop-up windows asks him to choose a name of the "export template". From now , when the user wants to export, he can choose the "export template" from the pull down box and all options will be done automatically.
What do you think about the idea?

Gruß, greetings, Salutation - André
------------
If you have problems to understand my posting, it could result on my bad english. Please ask me, i will try it again ;o)

#4 2008-08-23 09:43:23

gueba

I, too think that an extra option on the "eport items list" - tab would be best:
something like "save_current_options_to_file" and "use_file_to_export"

#5 2008-08-26 14:12:25

Tian
Administrator
Website

I created a task for that as it would be nice to have it in a future version:

https://gna.org/task/?6168

I don't know yet when I'll do it, or even if I am the one that will implement it. So unfortunately I can't give you more information about it now.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.