#1 2009-07-19 21:17:05

Tian
Administrator
Website

Version 1.5.0.beta1 released

Please note this is a beta version. Then it may contain some bugs. It is released so users may test it and report some problems before the final version is delivered. If you wish to test it without impacting your current installation, just follow these instructions:

Test beta or SVN versions of GCstar

You may also directly download it from the download repository.

Do not hesitate to report any bug you could find. Just try to provide as much details as possible for developers. Thank you for your help.

Here are the main changes contained in this version.

• New kind of collections: Stamps, Periodicals and Mini vehicles.
  • Items can be grouped in picture mode as in detailed mode.
  • User filters can be added to toolbar.
  • User can choose for each field from which sites information should be fetched and in which order.
  • A right-click on the "Fetch information" button displays a menu to change the mode.
  • Many improvements in the plugin to import information from a folder.
  • New plugins to fetch information from websites.
  • Data corruption in collections should not occur anymore.

You may read the GCstar changelog to have an overview of all the new features and the bug fixes included in this version.

#2 2009-10-24 14:58:10

NickElliott

Re: Version 1.5.0.beta1 released

The beta version of GCstar gets a great review in the latest printed edition of Linux Format magazine (http://www.linuxformat.com/) scoring it 9 out of 10. They look at 4 Collection Managers in total and conclude that GCstar is the best.

Good work, well done!

#3 2009-11-19 23:07:23

Tian
Administrator
Website

Re: Version 1.5.0.beta1 released

NickElliott wrote:

The beta version of GCstar gets a great review in the latest printed edition of Linux Format magazine (http://www.linuxformat.com/) scoring it 9 out of 10. They look at 4 Collection Managers in total and conclude that GCstar is the best.

Thank you for this information. I think I found that article also online, but I don't know if that's an official version. So I won't link it here. But I really liked it wink

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.