#1 2011-10-02 03:55:01

Garion

Idea for working "Series & Season"-Function

Hey Guys!

I've got an flash of inspiration tonight. Maybe some of you know, that if you sort your list for the items name in alphabetical order, the "Series & Season"-Function is useless. You can set a name for a series, you can set the number of the season, but it won't change a thing. GCStar has just as much interest in give a damn on this like it would have interest in the weather.

The main problem this causes is like the following example:

I've bought two movies. "Sind wir schon da? (Are we there yet?)" and "Sind wir endlich fertig? (Are we done yet?)". The first movie is part 1 (from 2005), the second part 2 (from 2007). Both, german and original (english) title would cause, that the part 2 would listet (in alphabetical order) before part 1. An "e" is before the "s" (german title) and a "d" is before the "t" (english title). So no chance to have the part 1 first in list.

But:

If it is possible (and I think I have enough knowledge about programming) to develop a function that let you choose if the item is sorted in alphabetical order or it is sorted for the "series and seasons"-function, that would be great. In every items content have to be a checkbox to choose. When you let the part 1 movie be sorted in alphabetical order and the part 2 movie for the "Series and Season"-Function, then the part 1 movie have to be there, where it should be and the part 2 movie is forced to listed directly behind the part 1 movie. So, all you have to do is to activate the checkbox in every items content of every part 2,3,4,5.... movie of a series. Is that clear? Everybody know what I mean? Is that possible? Is that genius or what? :-D

#2 2012-01-26 04:53:50

Garion

Re: Idea for working "Series & Season"-Function

...I've expected some sort of feedback, a short statement, a few sentences, just a word. What I get is...phew...som kind of mindblowing...that's not much :-D

Can anybody get this? Does anybody know what I mean? Does anybody think this is a good/bad idea? Has anybody an opinion? Something to say? Some thoughts about that? ;-)

#3 2012-03-24 04:23:27

Garion

Re: Idea for working "Series & Season"-Function

I would code it by myself if I had the key abilitys to do that. But I have not. I try to get the key abilitys, but as long as I don't have them, I need your help. Can anybody help me out with this? Some sort of tips or coding lessons?

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.