#1 2007-01-30 12:03:34

zhum

gobject dll troubles

Hello!
  I try to install gcstar 1.0.0 on win XP. Active perl was successfully installed by gcstar installer. If I try to run gcstar, I get error window: "No g_initially_unowned_get_type entry found in libgobject-2.0-0.dll" or something similar (my locale is russian).
  I had try to install and reinstall gcstar/activeperl/gtk+ in different combinations, but nothing helps...

#2 2007-01-30 13:48:26

Tian
Administrator
Website

Re: gobject dll troubles

Hello,

Could you please try this procedure:

1/ Remove the folder usr in directory where GCstar have been installed (Default is C:\Program Files\GCstar)
2/ Then try to install Gtk2-Perl using instructions on this page: http://www.lostmind.de/gtk2-perl/

Do this without removing anything before. If it still fails, uninstall 1st Perl-Gtk2 and ActiveState Perl and repeat the procedure.

Thank you for your help.

#3 2007-02-06 03:06:00

rkfig

I had this exact same problem.  Changing gcstar.bat to the following fixed it for me:

Code:

cd "c:\program files\gcstar\bin"
set LANG=EN
perl gcstar

Seems to be working perfectly, as far as I can tell.

#4 2007-02-18 19:13:01

Iceman

Hi,

i have quite the same problem with the DLL "libgobject-2.0-0.dll" like user ZHUM.

My system is a M$ W2K SP4 with all available updates.
I installed "ActivePerl-5.8.8.819-MSWin32-x86-267479.msi" and afterwards  I am following the instructions on page http://www.lostmind.de/gtk2-perl/
The installation of GCstar_1.1.1_Setup.exe follows.

Starting of GCStar generates the message screen by wperl.exe: "the Dynamic Link Library ... could not be found in the specified path. ... (now following the pathnames)".

This DLL was not installed in any folder on my PC.

I am also following the procedure listed in posting #2 by TIAN, but with no effect.

1.) Do I forget to install some packages?
2.) Are there any packages to install to get the correct DLL?

By the way, some pages in the internet offer DLL's. I tried out these pages and copied the requested DLL's one by one into the path.
The effect after this operation is, that I get the same message that entry point quoted by ZHUM could not be found in "libgobject-2.0-0.dll"

Installing and reinstalling does not help me in any case!

And now you, TIAN. cool

What can i do to get the programm running?

Any help is appreciated. smile
Greetings ... Dirk

#5 2007-02-18 22:51:05

tpf

I think that the dll libgobject-2.0.0.dll is normally install by this package : GTK+/Win32 Runtime Environment Installer 2.8.20-1   ( on http://www.lostmind.de/gtk2-perl/ )

Do you have installed it ?

#6 2007-02-19 19:46:59

Iceman

Oooops!

I have said that i was following the instructions on page http://www.lostmind.de/gtk2-perl/ , but i obviously don't.

In section "Dependencies" of this page is written about "GTK+/Win32 Runtime Environment Installer 2.8.20-1 ": "[...]  If you are just going to write programs with gtk2-perl you will only need the Runtime Environment." I won't write programs in perl and so i misinterpreted this sentence in the way that i do not have to install the package.

Okay - i made a mistake! roll

I downloaded the package now, installed it, started GCStar ... and ... everything is fine. big_smile

Thanks a lot for the quick solution of my problem.

Greetings to all developers of this program, it's great.

Bye ... Dirk

#7 2007-02-19 23:10:56

tpf

In fact it was easy for me, I've done the same error few days ago big_smile

#8 2011-03-06 12:17:15

Isegrim

Sadly GCstar stopped working for me. I got this Error "g_initially_unowned_get_type" not found in DLL "libgobject-2.0-0.dll

I'm running w7 with all updates. Installed all mentions packets in this thread and tried various methods of uninstallung, deleting, reinstall but nothing helps sad

I really hope some one have a idea what can I do.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.