#1 2007-02-11 23:52:55

cloph

grouping by artist for picture listing (music collection)

Hi,

with music collections the case to have more than one disc from a given artist is very likely :-)

It would be nice to be able to group the picture listing by artist and not only by title. That grouping is unfortunately only available in the text-listings.

Not the most important thing on earth, but still useful IMHO...

Thank you for considering

#2 2007-02-12 09:07:06

Tian
Administrator
Website

Re: grouping by artist for picture listing (music collection)

Hello,

The main reason why grouping is not available for picture mode is because I have no idea about how it could look like. So if you have some idea, please describe them. A mockup screenshot would be also really appreciated.

Please note also that this kind of new features won't be developed during the current feature freeze.

#3 2007-02-12 15:48:22

cloph

Thanks for the quick repy.
One possible way to do this is to insert a label-picture for each Artist. (see the attached mockup)

This might be tough for bands with very long names like "The Presidents of the United States of America", so some neutral image (or just some empty space) would do the trick as well.

Another way to do it would be to just seperate the different artists with a vertical bar (but probably would require some more changes to the picture view itself)

#4 2007-02-13 21:17:29

Tian
Administrator
Website

It could be a good idea and I liked it. It also gave me another idea.

What's about an horizontal bar that would be between 2 shelfs. The problem would be that there will be some unused space. Because a shelf will only be filled with items in the current categorie. I also attach a mockup.

#5 2007-02-15 22:49:11

cloph

The vertical delimited view is nice as well. I personally don't have a strong preference to one of the mockups, so I'll just sit back and wait for the a new feature-release and see for what solution you settle :-)

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.