#1 2007-02-20 14:45:51

mlager

IMDb import/webpage button

Hi,

This is not so much a bug report as an observation. Recently (yesterday I think), IMDb changed their website layout and how data is displayed. Since then the only field that is filled are the Title, Date and the Picture. My guess is that fields in CGStar are not corresponding with IMDb anymore.

In case this is still relevant; I'm using GCStar 1.1.1. running under Fedora Core 6.

Secondly (or should I start a 2nd thread for this?), when I click the 'webpage' button nothing happens. I started the program from terminal and it comes up with the following:

Code:

sh: /usr/share/gcstar/helpers/xdg-open: Permission denied

It doesn't seem to matter whether I start the program as root or normanl user, mesasge is the same.

Can someone help me out and shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

#2 2007-02-20 15:16:11

Tian
Administrator
Website

Re: IMDb import/webpage button

Hello,

For the 2nd problem, enter this command (as root) :

Code:

chmod +x /usr/share/gcstar/helpers/xdg-open

I will fix this problem in the RPM and the installation script.

A workaround is to define explicit application for web browser (Paths tab of Preferences).

Concerning the 1st one, it will require some changes in the IMDb plugin. I will have a look at it ASAP.

Thank you for your report.

#3 2007-02-21 11:13:53

mlager

Thanks for your swift reply! Keep up the good work. smile

#4 2007-02-23 23:07:39

Tian
Administrator
Website

I submitted the new Fedora RPM for devel branch. I will submit it to FC5 and FC6 in a few days.

Concerning the bug with IMDb, it has been fixed on CVS (both on head and 1.1 branch) and also in the url=http://wiki.gcstar.org/en/update]update repository[/url]. Let me know if you still have some problems with it.

#5 2007-02-25 13:24:19

mlager

Hi, I just updated the programme and tested it on a few entries. It works beautifully again, thanks! smile
It fetches the information from IMDb again as it should.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.