#1 2010-01-04 00:12:53

andre88

Add trailers for movies: or more then one file for a movie.

Can another box be added for trailers with a play button in the details tab of the movie.  For example I have a movie which on my computer is in two parts can I have a extra box to enter the second part?  Trailers would be really good to have in the program I believe.

Is this worth adding?  Can this functionality be added?

If this needs any clarification or how it would look question/screenshots don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by andre88 (2010-01-04 00:14:35)

#2 2010-02-23 09:07:29

Cosh

Re: Add trailers for movies: or more then one file for a movie.

Yes, this would interest me too!
I often have divx movies splitted into two or more files. Adding all of them would be of interest if you search for new files by excluding all the bonded files. Furthermore if you could add all the files then you can calculate the real length of the movie by sum all the parts-length.

#3 2010-02-24 17:16:00

Jeuss

The trailer feature would be nice.
"A trailer says more than 1000 words.."

#4 2010-10-22 12:56:33

APē

Trailers should be different from normal files, and you should have the possibility of saving only the URL to an online trailer. Almost all video players can play files directly from the web, and it would save save for those who only need to see a trailer occasionally.

#5 2011-09-01 21:18:51

Brico

Whoops, a partly duplicate request.
http://forums.gcstar.org/viewtopic.php?id=2025

If it helps anyone, IMDB has trailers for many movies and the IMDB button in GCStar means that the trailer is only several clicks away.  A bit of a hack but better than nothing.

#6 2011-10-15 08:07:57

Garion

....hello?

If you guys would stop with stealing movies, you wouldn't need a second button for the second part of a divx movie! Man, I can't say how I hate stolen movies. If you would only have legal movies on dvd and copy them to your harddrive, you would have only one movie file.
Nevertheless it actually would be interesting and useful to have two buttons. One for the trailer, and one for the movie which you've copied to harddrive.

I don't know if it is in all countrys of this world or only in Germany....but in good ol' Germany you mustn't copy dvd movies to your hard drive. I hope in the next 20-30 years this law will disappear. What will you do if the medium DVD is old and a new one is up to date? What if you barely find a shop which sell's DVD-Player? I'll surely not buy every movie that I have again...mainly not because not every movie that I have on dvd would be transferred onto the new medium. So I would have no chance to break the law if this don't change in future. We will see...

Last edited by Garion (2011-10-15 08:09:01)

#7 2011-10-26 19:10:42

AureusPhoenix

Hi Guys,
small hint concerning the multiple-file problem: If you don't enter the full file-path into the input-field but just the directory, the player will get a list of all files in the directory. Ok, I only tryed it with VLC but I think other players should do the same.  Now, your collection should just have all video-files belonging to one movie in a seperate folder.

Cheers AureusPhoenix

PS: The trailer function would still be a nice feature. Additionally to the mentioned streaming-methode which will be easier to implement I would prefere a download such that the trailer will always work.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.