#1 2010-10-27 03:11:53

uriel

incremental number, how it works ?

Hi,
i spent a time looking at the incremental number as field, and i don't find how to manage it correctly:

What i want to do (tell me if it's possible):

each new book will receive automatically a new number as ref number (a user field) also called ID !

but any time i try to add a new book, this book has a 0 as ref number, no auto increment !!!

So maybe i expect something not implemented into GCStar ?

thanks for your answer
uriel

#2 2012-04-02 20:43:02

dreamsofubuntu

Re: incremental number, how it works ?

This is something I'm currently trying to see how to do as well! I've added my small Cacti collection to GCstar and would love it to automatically create a unique identifier for each one and then incrementally for each one thereafter (so I could identify two of the same plant as being unique)

anyone know if this is possible? if I was using Excel or Calc I'd get a friend to whip up a Macro to do it wink

#3 2012-08-08 13:51:16

mg

uriel wrote:

Hi,

each new book will receive automatically a new number as ref number (a user field) also called ID !

but any time i try to add a new book, this book has a 0 as ref number, no auto increment !!!

uriel

I found the same problem when a put a start value in the MINIMUM field but i left blank MAXIMUM field.
I solve it when I put a value in the last field.

I try to attach a picture to show it with highlight (i am sorry, I haven't an english version of GCstar).

#4 2012-09-08 02:57:27

mengxiang 1

Dear, again in the http://www.mmolive.com/ valentine's day. I don't know  how many of you have me to your chocolate, but I see clearly... http://www.mmohome.com/
!This year I can send--to reduce weight tea?

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.