• Index
  •  » Bug reports
  •  » Amazon (US) plugin broken due to new layout - fix inside

#1 2011-07-24 23:49:12

michel.lestrade

Amazon (US) plugin broken due to new layout - fix inside

Hi,

I was in the middle of creating a new connection (movies) and the Amazon plugin stopped working for me sometime in the last couple of weeks. I noticed some differences in the search page which I believe is the reason for problem: it looks like the DVD categories has been replaced by "Movies & TV".

I am not really familiar with Perl but to confirm, I dug into the code a bit and managed to find where the search string is constructed. After modifying this one line, the functionality I was looking for was restored so I think I am on the right track. My fix probably needs cleaning up by someone who knows how to code properly in Perl though ... I did not check if the other Amazon plugins are affected by this change.

For reference, I am running the 1.61 version on Windows. I was hoping that the 1.62 version would fix my problem so I did a partial update of the .pm files with the 1.62 source. The problem persisted so I would guess that the official 1.62 version is probably affected too.

I would have tried an official build of 1.62 on Linux but it looks like the Ubuntu repositories still have an even older version (1.50)....

Last edited by michel.lestrade (2011-07-24 23:50:22)

Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCfilmsAmazonCommon.pm, Size: 1,631 bytes, Downloads: 553

#2 2011-07-24 23:54:38

michel.lestrade

Re: Amazon (US) plugin broken due to new layout - fix inside

Forgot to mention the symptom of the bug my fix addresses. It is a timeout when using the Fetch Information or update functions with Amazon (US) as the designated search site.

To reproduce, open new movie collection, title "Braveheart" and click Fetch.

• Index
  •  » Bug reports
  •  » Amazon (US) plugin broken due to new layout - fix inside

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.