#1 2012-09-24 19:46:23

Heritage Library

Lending Tab?

I apologize for the noob question, but I see screen shots showing a place to go to lend items out, but in my GCStar, there is no such tab.

I have entered my items and a list of borrowers, but how to I actually check things out. Please help this old lady check these netbooks out to our teachers!!

#2 2012-10-09 15:01:14

Heritage Library

Re: Lending Tab?

Please, please. Somebody help if you can. I have 25 netbooks and 45 iPads to check out to teachers!

I have used GCStar at another school with success. That's why I immediately thought of it when I had a similar need for a lending program!

However, even when I uninstalled and reinstalled, the Lending tab STILL isn't showing up.

I have been able to enter all the pieces of equipment and all the possible borrowers. That's all saved and in good shape. But when I try to lend an item to a person, there is no Lending tab... no way I can see to check it out to them.

I'm sure it's some little something I'm not seeing. Any guidance or ideas will be appreciated!!

#3 2012-10-12 10:31:38

Tian
Administrator
Website

Re: Lending Tab?

Hello,

First, what kind of collection is this? If it's a custom one, you need to make sure you checked "Items can be borrowed" in the "Options" tab of the collection description (menu "Edit" > "Change Collection Fields").

If it's one of the default collection type, go to menu "Settings", then "Displayed information". In the window that will be opened, go to the tab "Lending" and make sure all boxes are checked in.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.