#1 2012-10-08 09:07:44

cpop

Dependencies

Hi, I just have installed 1.6.2 on openSUSE 12.1 with KDE 4.7.2. Version 1.6.2 was offered by my distribution, therefore I have not the newest one. I use gcstar in German, so some labels I have to translate from German to English may not be correct.

My kind of collection is a music collection. When I have typed in the title of an album I would like to have the data completed by an internet search. When I click the corresponding button the window opens where I can choose the website for searching. I start the search but it never ends (for all chosen websites).

Maybe the reason is: When I click "Help" and then "Dependencies" some optional components are described as missing. I see some lines like
MP3::info missing for ExtractMusics
Net::FreeDB missing for ExtractsMusic
etc.

Can anybody help me?

#2 2012-10-08 22:15:51

cpop

Re: Dependencies

Hi, meanwhile I have executed

Code:

sudo gcstar -u

(found somewhere in the internet) and things go now better. I have tried three different CD titles with the three internet databases offered by gcstar:
1. A nonsense title ("Allbumm"): The reactions were:
    Musicbrainz: runs endlessly
    Discogs:       not found
    Chinese DB: not found
2. Charm School (by Roxette):
    MusicBrainz: runs endlessly
    Discogs:       found
    Chinese DB: found
3. 姊妹 (my favourite chinese CD by A-mei):
    MusicBrainz: runs endlessly
    Discogs:       runs endlessly!
    Chinese DB: found!

I still would like to get some hints or comments on how to improve the internet search

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.