#1 2007-03-13 01:25:40

compotatoj

"Play Game" Button for Video Game Collection

It would be awesome if there was a "Play Game" button for the video game collection. This would allow me and others to use GCstar as a central game database, browser, and launcher. It doesn't have to be anything special. There could just be a button and when you right click on it, it would allow you to find the path to the script/executable. Thanks!

Last edited by compotatoj (2007-03-13 01:27:13)

#2 2007-03-14 15:10:35

Tian
Administrator
Website

Re: "Play Game" Button for Video Game Collection

Hello,

It won't be very hard to do as everything is ready in GCstar for this. You may add a field of type "file" and format "program". Then it has to be set as the "play" field (such as trailer for movies).

It would take a little time because this field has to be added in the panels also and some tests should be performed. I won't have time to do this in the next days, but maybe someone else will.

#3 2007-05-07 10:26:13

berteh

+1 for this request... would be just great!

#4 2007-06-11 19:34:27

Tian
Administrator
Website

I didn't remember this was such an old request. I feel really sorry about this. I implemented that in the CVS version (as a little break during my redesign...). So it will be available in the next official delivery.

I also added it to the update repository for 1.1.1. So you may use it right now if you wish. The only constraint with that version, is that the label for this field won't be translated in any language. So you will always have the text "Executable" no matter what your language is.

This field is in the second tab, just after the checkbox for manual and box. Do not hesitate to let me know if you have better ideas for its position.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.