#1 2007-08-22 18:25:04

zenone

"Tonight" feature

Last Gcstar version ( also with updated repositories ) under Ubuntu Linux Fesity ( GNOME )...

I click on the "Tonight" button...and then i click lots of times on "Forward"...the window goes down at each click...in 6 click it reach the end of my video!

#2 2007-08-23 06:22:06

Tian
Administrator
Website

Re: "Tonight" feature

Hello,

I didn't understand your problem. Could you please let me know what you would expect to happen.

Tonight should only select movies that you have not already seen (according to corresponding checkbox in Details tab). Do you mean that your collection contains more than 6 unseen movies while GCstar only showed 6 of them?

If you really think the GCstar's behavior is wrong here, could you please attach your collection (.gcs file), so I could try to reproduce the problem to fix it.

Thank you for your help.

#3 2007-08-26 10:25:07

zenone

I have lots of films unseen...Gcstar behave correctly...but the window move itself at each "forward" click.

Attachments:
Attachment Icon filmcollection.gcs, Size: 263,517 bytes, Downloads: 1,382

#4 2007-09-18 06:39:42

zombiepig

I can confirm this bug too - using 1.2.2 under ubuntu 7.04.
Steps to reproduce:

- Launch gcstar and load any collection
- Click tonight button and dialog correctly opens displaying a random title
- While dialog is open press the 'forward' button
- The dialog correctly shows another random title, but the position of the whole dialog box shifts a little
- Each successive click on 'forward' causes the dialog to move a little more, until eventually the dialog box starts to move off screen.

- Pressing 'cancel' on the dialog will close and return to the main gcstar screen - but next time you click 'tonight' on the toolbar the dialog opens in a position slightly shifted from the last time it was open - similar behaviour to what happens when you hit 'forward' on the screen.

Let me know if you want any more clarification/help tracking this one down!! smile

#5 2007-09-18 12:41:13

Tian
Administrator
Website

When clicking on forward, GCstar records the current position of the window, destroys it, create a new one and move it the stored position.

It may look quite complicated but this was needed to fit well with other GCstar's internal mechanisms.

It works as expected for me. But I am using XFCE as my desktop environment with its own Window Manager. As Gtk2 relies on information from the Window Manager and will ask also the WM to move the window, the small difference in position could be because of your WM.

The only solution would be to change the GCstar's behaviour for this but this could take some time. Another one would be to find some workarounds for this WM bug.

#6 2007-09-18 13:10:33

zombiepig

ok... that makes sense. I'm using gnome but with compiz-fusion as the window manager, so maybe that's where the problem is coming from. It's stretching my programming skills but i might take a look and see if i can figure out why it's behaving different here smile

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.