#1 2021-08-12 13:05:26

kerenoc
Administrator
Website

GCstar Scan NG for Android

As GCstar Scanner was not published under an open source licence, it was not possible to publish new versions with additional functions.

A young software developper LĂ©onard Lake developped a new application, GC Scan NG (for New Generation) that was published with a GPL v3 license on Gitlab. It's based on Flutter and should thus be able to be used both on Android and iOS.

Used with the latest version of GCstar (Gtk2/Test and Gtk3), the initial 1.0.0 release for Android allows users to set locations and tags for scanned items, to receive feedback when an item was found by GCstar (audio beep and title of the item) and to scan items in offline mode for latter synchronisation with GCstar.

Any feedback is welcome either in this forum or as issue on the Gitlab repository.

Any help for testing the app on iOS devices is also welcome.

#2 2021-08-26 14:34:22

thebostonrag

Re: GCstar Scan NG for Android

Hey kerenoc, I am happy to test out the app on iOS! I am registered in TestFlight and can test if needed.

#3 2021-08-26 20:14:48

kerenoc
Administrator
Website

Re: GCstar Scan NG for Android

Thanks, I'm glad that you may help. Before testing the app, it has to be build on MacOS : would you be able to help also for that?

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.