#1 2022-05-08 09:23:16

Bugreporter34

Statistics function with bugs

Stamps Collection:

If I open the >Statistics< function under >File< this function seems not working. If I select some fields like Year and press the >Generate< button nothing happens.

After I have once pressed the >Generate< button this statistics function window can no more be closed with the >Close< button. This window can now only be closed with the >X<.

After closed with >X< this >Statistics< function under >File< can no more be opened and GCstar has to be closed.

GCstar Version 1.7.3
Windows 10 Home

#2 2022-05-08 22:17:28

kerenoc
Administrator
Website

Re: Statistics function with bugs

In my test environment (1.7.3, Windows 10), the statistics graphs are generated correctly for stamps collections.

Could you check if the required dependencies are present (menu Help/Dependencies, various GD libraries) and check what's happening in the log file (%HOME%\AppData\Roaming\gcstar.log)?

#3 2022-05-09 17:27:11

Bugreporter34

Tried ones more. The problem stills persists.

Dependencies shows for all OK besides for "Net::FreeDB" and "Ogg:Vorbis::Header::PurePerl" which are showing "Missing for ExtractMusics".

The log file shows several warnings.
The first one is maybe important here:
"GLib-GObject-WARNING **: attempt to override closure->va_marshal (...) with new marshal (...) at Gtk3.pm line 2029." (... is each a long number).

Furthermore, it shows
"perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
    LC_ALL = "en_US.UTF-8",
    LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
    are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the system default locale ("German_Germany.1252")."

And the last warning is:
"DBG style GCstar not ported to Gtk3, missing file C:/Program Files (x86)/GCstar/share/gcstar/style/GCstar/gtk-3.0/gtk.css"

#4 2022-05-10 22:13:09

kerenoc
Administrator
Website

Unfortunately these warnings should not have any  rimpact on the statistics generation, they appear at launch time, before any function of GCstar is used.

Do you experience the same problem with other types of collections?

#5 2022-05-11 06:48:08

Bugreporter34

I tried it once more with another collection (movie collection) and I have again the same bug. After pressing the >Generate< button nothing happens and the window can no more be closed with the >Close< button, only with the >X<. If I try then to open the >Statistics< function again GCstar hangs up and has to be terminated by the Task Manager.

#6 2022-05-11 22:23:13

kerenoc
Administrator
Website

Could you make the problem happen again and upload the content of the gcstar.log file?

#7 2022-05-12 19:01:26

Bugreporter34

This was a very good idea.

I tried the statistics functions once more with the same result.
Directly afterwards, I opened the log file again and now I could see another warning at the end of the file. I did not know that this log file is updated every time I use GCstar. The last time, I maybe opened the log file after starting GCstar but before opening the statistics function.

And now I had the following new warning at the end of the file:

"DBG style GCstar not ported to Gtk3, missing file C:/Program Files (x86)/GCstar/share/gcstar/style/GCstar/gtk-3.0/gtk.css*** unhandled exception in callback:
***   Could not find/open font    ...propagated at C:\Program Files (x86)\GCstar\lib\gcstar/GCStats.pm line 274.
***  ignoring at Gtk3.pm line 576."

#8 2022-05-12 19:07:16

Bugreporter34

But was is with the other warnings? Are these warnings also bugs?
For instance, I experienced some problems with the language? If I change to the English language, then some functions like >New<, >Open<, >Save< are not translated into English.

#9 2022-05-14 07:34:04

kerenoc
Administrator
Website

It seems you may have a font problem. Please check in the share/gcstar/fonts subdirectory that a Libération font TTF file is present.

As for the language, GCstar modify the gcstar.bat file to set the  language. Check that it is correctly set there.

#10 2022-05-14 18:00:43

Bugreporter34

I checked the share/gcstar/fonts subdirectory and I found there a file "LiberationSans-Regular.ttf".

Regarding the "gcstar.bat" file, what should I check there and where? I have unfortunately no IT expert knowledge.

#11 Yesterday 07:41:42

kerenoc
Administrator
Website

You may have se file permission problem. Could you try to launch GCstar as administratrice?

In gcstar.bat, once you set the language to English there should be a line

set LANG=EN

#12 Yesterday 20:21:42

Bugreporter34

I thought that I have administration rights. On my windows system I have a only one user and there I can change any Windows and computer settings. Therefore, I think a have administration rights?
Or is there maybe a misunderstanding from my side?

I have changed the language in GCstar (>Settings<, >Preferences<) to English. The gcstar.bat file (under C:\Program Files (x86)\GCstar\bin) still shows "set LANG=DE". What is the reason for this mistake?

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.