• Index
  •  » Bug reports
  •  » musicbrainz search fails to get album titles/artists with umlauts

#1 2007-02-13 01:08:07

cloph
New member
Registered: 2007-02-11
Posts: 7

musicbrainz search fails to get album titles/artists with umlauts

Hi,

What is concerned:
GCstar 1.1.0, linux (once was Mandrake 9) - UTF-8 locale, Music-Collection, Internet-Search using Musicbrainz

GCstar fails to import Almums/Performers with umlauts. The resulting fields will be completely empty. The "preview" of the data is empty already, however the selection window that appears for multiple matches shows the info correctly.

To reproduce:
Search for "Stormblåst" by "Dimmu Borgir" for example.
(you can either search for title or artist, doesn't matter)
You get three hits for Stormblåst, preview any of it
-> the title field is already empty in the preview
Import any of the matches with every item checked for import
-> the album title will be empty, the tracklist however shows the correct umlauts

Or search for "Hate Into Fire" from "Mötley Crüe"
-> same thing: "Multiple results" window is OK, preview & real import fail

Offline

 

#2 2007-02-13 20:38:34

Tian
Administrator
From: France
Registered: 2006-12-08
Posts: 1647
Website

Re: musicbrainz search fails to get album titles/artists with umlauts

Hello,

I did some tests and it nearly worked for me. There is just a little problem with the å that is replaced by a question mark in Stormblåst, but there is everything including the title.

I will try to find how to fix that because it could also solve your problem.

Could please just perform again the same tests. But launch GCstar from a console to see if there are error messages displayed.

Offline

 

#3 2007-02-13 20:46:35

Tian
Administrator
From: France
Registered: 2006-12-08
Posts: 1647
Website

Re: musicbrainz search fails to get album titles/artists with umlauts

I think I have a fix. I attach a file. Could you please try to copy it over the one with the same name. It's in <gcstar installation directory>/lib/gcstar/GCPlugins. You may also know this path with this command:

echo `which gcstar` | sed -e "s|bin/gcstar|lib/gcstar/GCPlugins|"

Let me know if you still have the problem.


Attachments:
Attachment Icon GCPluginsBase.pm, Size: 6,416 bytes, Downloads: 645

Offline

 

#4 2007-02-13 22:17:29

cloph
New member
Registered: 2007-02-11
Posts: 7

Re: musicbrainz search fails to get album titles/artists with umlauts

The patched version with the check for UTF-8 solved the problem

Thank you very much again for the quick response and fix :-)

Offline

 

#5 2007-02-14 07:29:14

Tian
Administrator
From: France
Registered: 2006-12-08
Posts: 1647
Website

Re: musicbrainz search fails to get album titles/artists with umlauts

I'm happy to know the problem is solved. Thank you for your feedback.

I also added the patch to the update repository.

Offline

 
  • Index
  •  » Bug reports
  •  » musicbrainz search fails to get album titles/artists with umlauts



Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.