#1 2010-11-12 11:51:36

TheBlackFalcon

Bug report generated from GCstar

Version: 1.6.1
Operating system: MSWin32

Error message: C:\Users\df\Documents\GCStarCollections\MyBooksII

Fatal error while reading file

Can't locate object method "getName" via package "GCPlugins::GCbooks::GCPluginAmazon" at C:\Program Files (x86)\GCstar\lib\gcstar/GCPlugins.pm line 51.

Additional information: Oh No. The last thing I did was switch the view in my Comics DB. Then when I switched to my Books DB, it wouldn't open. I CTRL-Alt-DELETEd and shut it down. I got this error msg when I tried to restart. I sure hope that I can retrieve the data from this database.

Thanks

#2 2010-11-13 15:08:35

boris39

Re: Bug report generated from GCstar

to wait a solution you can rename this file :
C:\Program Files\GCstar\lib\gcstar\GCPlugins\GCbooks\GCAmazon.pm
so you can open database.
It seems to be a bug in the plugin Amazon...

#3 2010-11-24 18:13:09

TheBlackFalcon

Thanks. I made the change but still cannot access my books database. Any other suggestions to at be able to access it? I can get to my other databases.

#4 2010-12-12 15:00:49

Halibutt
Website

Delete the file altogether, it did the trick in my case. Or you can change the suffix to .bak, works just as well.
Cheers

Why oh why is writing plugins for GCStar so complicated...

#5 2010-12-16 19:16:53

tenfoot

Unfortunately neither renaming or deleting resolves the matter on my Linux Mint Debian Edition setup.

If it is a plugin problem, why, when I remove GCStar and then reinstall it, I can set up a new database?  Is it that, at that stage, I haven't searched Amazon for books?

Please, please, may we have some insight from the developer? It is getting to the stage where I am tempted to go back to Tellico and I don't really want to do that, as I'm not really a KDE enthusiast.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.