#1 2011-05-03 23:44:51

mbeckstrom

Feature Requests

I have to agree with other people on these forums that GCstar is pretty much the best of the personal collection applications I have played with. 

What you have basically created is a library lending system, and with that in mind, please consider these feature requests from a librarian:

There should be a field for classification.  When I enter items in the collection, I want to put a tag on the item so they can be physically located on the shelf.  Using this field, I can look up an item, get the classification code and go get the item off the field.

The lending feature should have the ability to display items based on the last return date. 

I would like to have a field for the last date it was viewed.  That way when I want to find a movie to watch, I know how long ago it was the last time I saw it.  This should be a searchable field so I can find a list of movies I have not watched in 2 months for example.

I would like to have the option to use U.S. ratings instead of the minimum age.  (G, PG, PG13, R, NC17, U).

Thanks for a great application!

#2 2011-05-04 00:35:10

mbeckstrom

Re: Feature Requests

Ok, so I wrote too soon.  I found where I can add my own fields and that works great.  Can I move fields between tabs?  I want to create a new field on the General tab.  Is that possible?  If not, can it be?

Thanks.

#3 2011-07-03 09:32:49

HugoH

Re: Feature Requests

I would like to reopen and change this Feature Request:
In Germany the minimum ages for movies are: 0, 6, 12, 16 and 18.
I would like to avoid adding a new field for the minimum age and ask you to add '6' to the list of available choices, please.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.