#1 2007-03-20 11:38:28

mib

amazon movie plugin

Hi to all,

I've just installed 1.1.1. on my mac and I get the following error message, if I use the german version of the amazon-plugin:
Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -1 at /opt/local/bin/../lib/gcstar/GCPlugins/GCfilms/GCAmazonDE.pm line 127.

For the american version I get:
Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -1 at /opt/local/bin/../lib/gcstar/GCPlugins/GCfilms/GCAmazon.pm line 135, <RCOMMAND> line 2.

Hope that isn't any mac stuff!?

Cheers,
Thilo

PS: good work! I like this program.

Last edited by mib (2007-03-20 11:39:39)

#2 2007-03-20 13:16:50

Tian
Administrator
Website

Re: amazon movie plugin

Hello,

There have been some changes on their websites, but the plugin has already been changed for this. Did you get the last updates for plugins as explained here: http://wiki.gcstar.org/en/update ?

As I don't have a lot of feedback from MacOS X users, if you find any information that could be useful for other users, do not hesitate to edit this page on the wiki: http://wiki.gcstar.org/en/install_macos

#3 2007-03-20 17:30:45

mib

Hi Tian,

thanks for your reply. Stupid me! I didn't saw the nice update feature. Now, it works as expected.

There are only 2 little problems with osx: http://forums.gcstar.org/viewtopic.php?id=102
But anything else runs perfect! And 1.1.1 starts quicker as the last version!

Let me know, if I could do some special tests for you on osx! But I don't know perl! Just mail me!

Cheers,
Thilo

#4 2007-05-01 12:54:14

rogerke

hm, the problem persists to occur on ubuntu feisty sad. executed all updates and those went just fine on first sight, but still get the very same error. or do i need to reboot?

#5 2007-05-02 09:22:48

Tian
Administrator
Website

Hello,

I did some tests, and they were successful. So I would need more information.

You have some problems with which version, the german or the american one? You have the same error message as previously in the console?

Please also check that you have this file:

/usr/local/lib/gcstar/GCPlugins/GCfilms/GCfilmsAmazonCommon.pm

It should ensure that the update was successful. You may also check the differences between previous and correct version of Amazon plugin. If something looks different, please let me know how you performed the update (the command line you used).

#6 2007-05-02 16:28:38

rogerke

Hey Tian,

this is what i get in the console:

Code:

Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_set_cursor: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed at /usr/bin/../share/gcstar/lib/GCMainWindow.pm line 2224.
Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -1 at /usr/bin/../share/gcstar/lib/GCPlugins/GCfilms/GCAmazon.pm line 135.

the plugin keeps looking forever.
i'm behind a router with firewall, any ports i need to open?

i don't have a /usr/local/lib/gcstar directory. instead, the plugin files are located at
/usr/share/gcstar/lib/GCPlugins/GCfilms. however, the GCfilmsAmazoncommon.pm file is located in the /usr/share/gcstar/lib/GCPlugins/GCstar directory. this was done automtically by ubuntu i guess, or after the update, i'm not sure.

you want me to post the contents of that file?
i'm gonna try copying it to the gcfilms directory, see if that helps.
if i find out something, i'll keep the ubuntu users over here posted smile

it's a pitty it doesn't work because moviemanager and griffith both lack some functions i'd like. and for some reason imdb leaves most of the fields empty, i was kinda hoping the amazon plugin would do a better job.

#7 2007-05-03 05:14:42

Tian
Administrator
Website

The error you mentioned is exactly the same as the one with previous version. So please check again that you are using 1.1.1 version of GCstar. And let me know also what command line you used to perform the update. Did you only use the -u option or with other optional parameters? Did you get error messages then?

Concerning IMDb, it seems to work also with the latest updates.

#8 2007-05-03 20:17:39

rogerke

oh snap, running 1.0.0, though ubuntu would've kept it up to date, apearently not. sorry for the trouble, i'll  update it and i'm sure everything will work haha.

tnx! i'll let you know how things work and how much i love gcstar in a few minutes!

#9 2007-05-03 20:31:48

rogerke

alright, everything fine now, have another issue, but it doesn't belong in this topic and maybe someone already posted it.

tnx for the help & sorry for the trouble. should've checked the version.

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.