• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » Where are custom collection's fields stored?

#1 2012-03-21 14:17:49

eacousineau

Where are custom collection's fields stored?

EDIT: My intended question: Where / how are the schemas for custom collections stored?

OLD QUESTION (not clear): Where can I find where GCStar stores my custom collection fields?

I have created a 'Literature Review' collection and I am looking to find the metadata describing the fields. I am running Ubuntu and have checked in the collection's XML itself, and the ~/.config/gcstar directory. I have found ~/.config/gcstar/GCModels/Literature_Review.conf, but it only has some settings related to the collection but no definition of the field types.

Purpose: I would like to access my collections via Python in order to interface them with Google Docs. There's not too much of a practical purpose in it, other than I would like to tinker with this just to get some more programming experience.

Thank you.

Last edited by eacousineau (2012-03-26 16:23:34)

#2 2012-03-25 02:37:22

Tian
Administrator
Website

Re: Where are custom collection's fields stored?

Hello,

These fields are stored in the collection itself, so in the .gcs file with all of the data for this collection.

#3 2012-03-26 16:20:32

eacousineau

Re: Where are custom collection's fields stored?

Thank you for your response!

However, I have looked through the *.gcs file using a text editor, but I can only see the XML for the collection itself, but not the collection definition.
I do see the *.gcm definition files in /usr/share/gcstar/lib/GCModels, but I cannot find any similar files in the XDG config area nor in the *.gcs file.

One thing is that I am using an older version (1.5.0) - has the collection storage schema changed since then? I have checked out some of the SVN code yesterday and then looked at the Perl modules in /usr/share but did not see a huge difference (though I did not look for long).
Do you know where in the code I can find out how it stores the custom collections?

EDIT: I realized that the wording in my original post might not have been clear.
My intended question was: Where / how are the schemas for custom collections stored? Similar to the *.gcm model definition files.

My apologies!

Last edited by eacousineau (2012-03-26 16:22:22)

• Index
  •  » Support
  •  » Where are custom collection's fields stored?

Should you have a problem using GCstar, you can open a bug report or request some support on GCstar forums.